Daycare facilities are an integral part of our society. Parents want to make sure that their kids are safe in their absence. Sending kids to daycare facilities is perhaps the best way to ensure their safety. There are mainly two types of daycare facilities available in Canada.
First, the daycare centres look just like schools and have hundreds of kids talking, crying, playing and doing all kinds of stuff. These types of daycares are quite popular, as they are equipped with world-class facilities for the kids, however, there are some inconvenient reasons why not to chose a daycare centre, but let’s talk about this later on. Many parents prefer to send their kids off to these daycares.
The second ones are the home daycares, which can be found in the neighbourhood. These are small daycares that have basic facilities, but people like them because they are close to their homes, plus the day carers are also known. A majority of parents belong to the working class, so they really have to find a place to accommodate their children in order to work tension-free. The best way is either to enrol them in a daycare centre or home daycare, however after extensive research and reviews.
Choosing a home daycare is a great idea! – see why?
Many parents are opting for home daycares these days because of their easy availability, decent facilities and affordable costs. Every province in Canada has a certain limitation in terms of children allowed in the home daycare facility. Parents living in Ontario will see a maximum of five children in the home daycares that doesn’t include kids of the day carer(s). This low count of children attracts parents because they can be sure that their kids are being taken care of in a much better way.
Here are some advantages of home daycare facilities:
- The mirror image of your house: A home daycare facility is just like your own house. People of mixed age groups live in a house, which will help children grow in a better way. Home child care providers in Newmarket have babies to secondary school children, so your child is going to experience a lot of new things in the home daycares. Moreover, you can take a sigh of relief, as you get a family-friend interaction, which may transform into a long term relationship. Children don’t feel hard getting accustomed to the environment of a home daycare because the premises look like their own house.
- Home daycares are flexible: Parents can easily pick-up and drop-off their kids, as they just have to reach a house that is situated within a walking distance. You don’t have to worry about getting back-up care just in case you are late doing overtime.
- Home daycares are often run by experienced parents: Running home daycares are not everybody’s cup of tea. So, parents who have experience in taking care of children are the ones that can handle this job in a highly professional way along with giving a parental touch.
These were the advantages of home daycares, but are there any disadvantages too?
Yes, there are a few disadvantages, which are mentioned below:
- Variation in training: The professionalism of a carer depends upon the training he/she has undergone through. Every province has its own specific requirements in terms of training. A home day carer can have years of experience in child care or have just passed a crash course. So, you have to check this important aspect before finalizing anything. (For your information, Diana Daycare in Newmarket has over 22 years of experience)
- Lacks back-up: If your home day carer is not a part of any local network, then you can face some difficulties when he/she plans to go on a holiday. Some day carers don’t work on a certain day (mostly weekends), so if you work on the weekends, then you have to make certain arrangements for your child. So, you have to discuss this issue with your day carer and make the necessary arrangements accordingly. ( at Diana Daycare it is stipulated in the contract about vacation days )
- Unprofessional approach: Many parents worry that some home day carers pay more attention to their own kids than others. Moreover, they are seen busy doing other stuff, which is an unprofessional way of handling children. Home day carers have to manage things in a proper way so that they dedicate all their time to taking care of kids and not doing other household stuff.
The disadvantages are not that critical and can be sorted out with proper and timely discussions. So, if you find a home daycare for toddlers that has efficiently covered all the aspects that are mentioned in the disadvantages, then you can hire them for your child.
Why Diana Daycare in Newmarket?
Diana Daycare in Newmarket is considered by many to be the top home Daycare in Newmarket. We offer CCTV (Closed Circuit TV monitoring ) for the entire facility, home-made food and a big NO to junk food as well as no pets and a focus on providing a strong Ontario curriculum.
When children graduate from Diana Daycare in Newmarket, they are prepared for school: they are able to read and write and are completely ready to be integrated into their first grade in school.
That’s why all students from Diana Daycare are always a step ahead compared to the other kids who join their first grade in school.
What Our Families are Saying
Thank you, Diana, for taking care of my daughter for over 3 years +. Great home daycare you have, very nice and careful person. BTW the food is excellent.
Excellent Service! After 3 years of experiences with Diana, I put my little son in Diana’s Daycare as well. Very happy, if I will have my 3-rd child I will most likely do the same.
Diana Daycare in Newmarket is an ECE, very professional and her daycare is an example of how a daycare should be!
Diana’s daycare is practically raising my son with me. His vocabulary is increasing and his creativity is amazing. We truly believe this is a very well run daycare. Diana is very caring and knowledgeable. We have full confidence that my child is being cared for very well.
Diana has taken care of my 2 children. She is very nurturing and caring towards the children while helping them learn. Her hours are convenient for our family. Were so happy we found this daycare.