Watching your kids growing up is an amazing feeling, isn’t it? A number of changes start taking place in the children as they begin their transformation from a baby to a teen. It is extremely important for parents to keep an eye on the oral hygiene of their children in order to avoid one of the most embarrassing issues named ‘bad breath’. Many parents can be seen in the children’s dental clinics in Newmarket because their kids have developed bad breaths and they just can’t take it.
It is not a surprising condition for many parents because they know that their kids have been eating smelly and sticky food lately, so they are supposed to have bad breath. Kids should eat healthy and nutritious food in order to stay away from a number of diseases. But, the matter of real concern is how to get rid of it because when entering high schools or colleges, they may face a lot of trouble from their classmates. They will be sidelined from the class, which won’t be a good sight for parents.
Why do kids have bad breath? Let us take a look at some of the reasons:
- Sleeping: The flow of saliva gets dried up during sleep, which can produce a foul mouth odor. There is nothing that can be done in this regard, except asking your kids to brush their teeth before going to sleep.
- Mouth breathers: Many kids have a problem breathing through the nose, so they make a habit of breathing through the mouth, which thus leads to bad breath. The oral cavity remains dry, allowing bacteria to come inside, thus causing the false odor.
- Thumb suckers: One of the most annoying habits in kids is when they keep sucking their thumb for hours and hours. Putting fingers in the mouth affects the mouth tissues and results in bad breath.
- Oral hygiene: While some kids are smart enough to brush their teeth from a very small age, some find it very difficult. These kids take the help of their parents to clean their teeth and when their parents are busy or not around, their oral hygiene is jeopardized. This is another reason for having a false mouth odor.
These are the four most common reasons that result in bad breath in the kids.
It will be wrong to put all the blame on the food because we all eat sticky and smelly food, but we brush our teeth properly after every meal or before going to sleep. The problem is, we don’t teach this to our kids properly, so they take it a bit casually. The end result of all this is bad breath. So, now let us check out the procedures that can eradicate bad breath in the kids.
- Proper brushing: Well, you know this was coming, don’t you? Brushing is perhaps the basic and the most important thing that you have to tell your kids to do. If kids can brush their teeth after having every meal, then that’ll be great, if not, then at least two times a day, one in the morning and another before going to sleep.
- Mouthwash: Besides the brushing of teeth, you can also make them use mouth wash for kids that are mild because there are many types of mouthwash. If they can’t brush after every meal, then at least, they can do the mouth wash.
- Drink plenty of water: Make a habit for your kids to drink plenty of water every day. This will help them maintain their oral hygiene in a proper way.
- Floss: Each time your kids brush their teeth, they have to use the floss in order to clean their tongue. Oral hygiene can’t be fully maintained without the cleanliness of the tongue.
Teaching kids about the maintenance of oral hygiene are one of the most important lessons. The earlier you teach your kids about these things, the better it will be for them to include them in their routines. Not just at home, but kids should clean their mouths in the restaurants, childcare/daycare centres, schools, colleges, and every other place where they dine. Bad breath is one problem that can be easily solved by making use of the above-mentioned tips. Just make sure that your kids don’t brush too hard as it may lead to bleeding gums.
Why Diana Daycare in Newmarket?
Diana Daycare in Newmarket is considered by many to be the top home Daycare in Newmarket. We offer CCTV (Closed Circuit TV monitoring ) for the entire facility, home-made food and a big NO to junk food as well as no pets and a focus on providing a strong Ontario curriculum.
When children graduate from Diana Daycare in Newmarket, they are prepared for school: they are able to read and write and are completely ready to be integrated into their first grade in school.
That’s why all students from Diana Daycare are always a step ahead compared to the other kids who join their first grade in school.